Exclusive interview with Jobe rider Tommy Swaan
Recently Jobe announced that Tommy Swaan had been added to the wakeboard team. This 17 year old talented guy is working hard to bring his wakeboard skills to a higher level.
When he was only 4 years old, Tommy started with water skiing. From the age of 10 he frequently made it to the stage. His curiosity about wakeboarding made him decide to start in this discipline 2 years ago. With great success! With only 2 months of wakeboarding experience, Tommy took the 2nd place in the Dutch Championships in 2009.
Last year Tommy put himself on the map. He came 2nd in the Dutch Championships and 2nd in the Open men category of the Protest Cable Call (WWA tour stop).
As he is new in the Jobe team, we thought it would be nice to interview him so you can get to know him a little better!
1. What is going through your mind right now?
I can’t wait to go to Thailand to start riding on my new Jobe wakeboardset.
2. What did you eat last night?
Beefsteak with salad.
3. If you would possess the power of a super hero, which one would you be?
He is a sick warrior and he don’t care about anyone or anything.
5. What is your favorite quote and where is it from?
Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak. (Sun Tzu)
6. If you could bring three things to an uninhabited island what would they be?
Wine, my iPad and Daphne Koeleman.
7. Have you ever read a “…… for Dummies” book?
Haha not yet.
8. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
Friday, WEEKEND! No work or school, just wakeboarding.
9. Do you like cooking? If yes what do you like to cook?
I can cook but I don’t like it.
10. If no, who is cooking for you?
My mom! She is the best cook in the world! You can ask other wakeboard riders for that one
11. How many times did you see “The Titanic”?
12. How many times did you tried to avoid “The Titanic”?
13. What is your favorite “made in China” product?
14.What were you afraid of when you was a little child?
15. And who were afraid of you when you was a little child?
No one has to be afraid of me I think, I’ve never been furious, but on the water I am someone to watch out for.
16. Have you ever made a decision by tossing a coin? If yes, which one?
Yes, with myself haha. If I lost from myself I had to do a KGB (backroll backside 360) out of corner 4. I did it and stoked luckily.
17. What was the most embarrassing nickname your parents gave you?
I think Tom, that’s not embarrassing but I don’t like the name Tom, my name is Tommy and not Tom. I think there’s a real difference between those 2 names.
18. Which famous person would you like to meet?
I would like to meet Johnny Depp. He doesn’t care what people think about him and he plays his characters very good!
19. If you were invited for a “Saint and sinners” party, what would you wear?
I would be the devil
20. How many languages do you speak?
21. If you could be another person for one day, who will it be and what would you do?
God! I would go back in time and turn Europe into a hot paradise and I would put 8 days in a week instead of 7. One day a week just for wakeboarding, haha!
22. How many pairs of shoes have you got?
23. At what time do you wake up?
Holidays 11 o’clock and when I got to work or go to school at 6:30.
24. Which song do you sing along loud when it is on the radio?
You’re the voice.
25. Who makes you happy?
My wakeboard and (girl) friends.
26. Who is your favorite cartoon hero?
Puss in boots!
27. What is the most useless thing you ever bought?
28. Pick one and tell why:
- Sea or lake?
Lake, I don’t like salt water
- Canal or lake?
Lake, I don’t like the big waves of the tankers
- Asleep or awake?
Awake, I love life
- Free ride or contest?
I love both, just love to be on the water.
- By car or by plane?
Plane for sure! Much faster!
- Single or girlfriend?
I have no time for a girlfriend actually but I’d love to find one
- Cash or Credit card?
Cash money, Easy because you always know how much you have left
- Sweet or sour?
Sweet I got lips like sugar!
- Typing or writing?
Typing, my writing is not so nice
- Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan?
- Alcohol or non-alcohol?
There ain’t no party like a alcoholic party? I go for alcohol
- UK or USA?
USA, everything is big
- Safe or dangerous?
Dangerous when you walk on the line, that’s when you really feel alive
- Take away or restaurant?
Take away, it’s faster.
- Superman or Spiderman?
Superman, I don’t like spiders
- Batman or Robin?
Batman I think